[dlang.org] new forum design - preview

Tofu Ninja via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 14 22:12:23 PST 2016

On Friday, 15 January 2016 at 05:56:37 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Friday, 15 January 2016 at 05:52:51 UTC, Tofu Ninja wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 13 January 2016 at 06:01:41 UTC, Vladimir
>> Panteleev wrote:
>>> http://beta.forum.dlang.org/
>>>
>>> https://github.com/CyberShadow/DFeed/pull/51
>>
>> Not an improvement at all, hurts my eyes.
>
> Unfortunately this form of criticism is not actionable.
>
> What would be more helpful (least to most):
>
> - A specific list of things that can be improved
> - What can be done to improve things
> - A mock-up image of how you would improve things
> - A pull request to improve things

Why do people want to change the way the forums look? I quite
like them the way they are now, soft on the eyes, fairly good
layout.

The forums main disadvantage is features, no code highlight, no
formatting, no embedding content like images or videos into
posts, ect. Also voting on posts/threads could be very useful to
see what people agree with and what they dont. Right now we just
have people replying with "+1". This could be exceptionally
helpful for help/opinion request threads, the best answer would
be upvoted, shit answers down voted.