[dlang.org] new forum design - preview

Tofu Ninja via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 14 22:35:50 PST 2016

On Friday, 15 January 2016 at 06:20:13 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> To match the new dlang.org design. I'm guessing you've missed
> the other threads?

Oh we doing that again... seems like we want a website re-skin
every 6 months or so.

> These issues have been previously discussed many times. (The
> conclusion summary is that since the same content needs to be
> available via multiple media - mailing lists / NNTP - content
> has to be restricted to the lowest common denominator, these
> features are controversial as the add bloat and noise, and we
> seem to be doing just fine without them). Now is not the time
> to discuss them, because the current effort is on the dlang.org
> redesign.
>
> I'm sorry, but so far you still haven't provided any useful
> criticism.

My criticism is why are people spending more time redesigning the
look of the website again... we haven't even had this one that
long. There are better ways to improve the website than
re-skinning it. Nothing is really changing, just the colors and
layout.