Google Summer of Code 2016

tchaloupka via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 14 23:38:16 PST 2016

On Thursday, 14 January 2016 at 18:56:21 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh
wrote:
> On Thursday, 31 December 2015 at 23:58:32 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh
> wrote:
>> The deadline for the Google Summer of Code, 2016 is February
>> 19th. Which means we have about a month and a half to put
>> something together.  For the time being I've recycled last
>> years projects (with one dropped so far):
>>
>> [...]
>
> Deadline is getting closer, any new project ideas are welcome.
> Starting to get some contact from students now.

It might be helpfull if they can help with:

* proper fast JSON parser (this is already worked on I think
here: https://github.com/s-ludwig/std_data_json, but it seems to
need a help with to finally get it to Phobos as we are constantly
bit by it on public: https://github.com/kostya/benchmarks)

* same with the XML parser

* one probably crazy idea - WCF[1] interoperability for vibe.d
(it might be helpfull in commercial field if one can use vibe.d
as a backend server with WCF capability so .Net clients can call
it directly with autogenerated protocol). But it will be a lot of
work to implement all features..

[1]
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms731082%28v=vs.110%29.aspx