[dlang.org] new forum design - preview

Random D user via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 15 06:20:49 PST 2016

On Friday, 15 January 2016 at 05:56:37 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> - A specific list of things that can be improved

I too like the current soft dark theme of the forum (and website).

Would it be possible to have optional dark theme in the forum
settings?

I wish the main website would have a dark alternative too,
because I might have language/phobos docs open all day on my
second monitor.

The forum theme also has grey text on grey background (almost the
same gray) in few places which makes it hard to read.

While neutral gray is fine as background for black text in a
darker theme, I don't really like its usage as part of visual
elements in the current light theme. IMO big neutral gray boxes
make the site look really boring (like a rainy day). And even the
red seems a bit like sun burnt and used.