[dlang.org] new forum design - preview

Saurabh Das via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 15 20:16:05 PST 2016

On Friday, 15 January 2016 at 20:33:32 UTC, anonymous wrote:
> On 13.01.2016 18:13, Saurabh Das wrote:
>> +1 for Sans-serif fonts! I find them much easier to read too :)
>> (anonymous has assured me that this font will grow on me
>> though).
>
> I only said it grew on me :)
>
>> The page is too white. The style looks good on the main
>> website, but on
>> the forum makes it difficult to read.
>
> Does that mean it's bad for reading longer text? We shouldn't
> use white background for large parts of the main site either
> then.

I just saw the beta forum on my mobile for the first time and its
actually looking very good. Have there been some changes? It's
easily readable now. I'll check it on PC later in the day.

I also noticed that the content of posts of the forum are in a
different font than the restof the website. I prefer the font
used for the contents - much neater IMO.

It wasn't the white BG that was difficult to read, it was the
grey regions where the text didn't stand out.

SD