[dlang.org] new forum design - preview

Kapps via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 15 22:27:03 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 13 January 2016 at 06:01:41 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> http://beta.forum.dlang.org/
>
> https://github.com/CyberShadow/DFeed/pull/51

The bold fonts, such as unread threads are way too wide, I find
it distracting and hard to read.

I'm not sold on red links everywhere. It goes against what most
sites do with making red links be things that stand out, and it's
seriously distracting. I get that it's the theme, but it's just
too much red.

There's too little usable space. On my 27" 5k iMac, it's a huge
amount of white space. The argument is that people don't want to
look at huge lines, but generally these high resolution monitors
are zoomed in or have DPI scaling. If you're using a 40" 4k
monitor, you're probably not having your browser full screen.