[dlang.org] getting the redesign wrapped up

karabuta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 16 09:20:20 PST 2016

On Friday, 8 January 2016 at 22:32:59 UTC, anonymous wrote:
> My implementation of the redesign is pretty much complete.
>
> Check it out: http://d-ag0aep6g.rhcloud.com/
>
> This is an implementation of a design done by one Ivan Smirnov,
> brought forward by Jacob Carlborg [1].
>
> The dark forum widgets on the home page are in iframes. Their
> styling will need to be updated at the source, which is
> forum.dlang.org.
>
> Another external dependency is the This Week in D script. Adam,
> it would be nice if the `setTwid` function could take the date
> separately. That would allow me to word the text without having
> "This Week in D" there twice.
>
> Other than those two little things I consider this done. From
> my side it could be merged immediately.

It's responsive too. sweet!! Nice layout, nice UX, reddish color
is a little mmm...

But just to suggest further improvement on the UX;

1.The online runner could have a label which tells what it does.
Maybe change the "you code here" to "Test Code Here".

2. The top and bottom margin of the various sections (Community,
Learn, etc) are more squeezed together especially on smaller
viewports.

3. I think the English there is too high level for a beginner,
especially the "Why D" justification?