Localization (i18n) Options

Gerald via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 16 18:51:30 PST 2016

I have a GtkD application for Linux where I would like to support
localization. The current options in D seem pretty limited with
the most recent being i18n-d
(https://github.com/JakobOvrum/i18n-d). My code is structured for
GNU gettext but I could make the effort and convert it to the way
i18n-d works if that's the best option. The only other issue I
can see with it is that it doesn't support country-language
variations and from past experience that's a pretty big deal
(just ask any Brazilians!).

I'd prefer a GNU gettext implementation but I know that's not
available since it has been listed as a GSOC project for a couple
of years. I could roll my own GNU gettext implementation but that
would be a significant effort taking away time from my project
which I'd prefer to remain focused on.

Are there any other options out there that I might not be aware
of?