extern(C++, ns)

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 17 18:16:18 PST 2016

On Sunday, 17 January 2016 at 19:47:46 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

> and yes, M.X.fooa() will wind up referring to the same
> externally defined symbol X::fooa() as N.X.fooa().

Just for clarification.

Suppose instead of file2 having fooa, it has foob, so there is no
conflict within X as to the names. Even in this case, I would
have to call fooa and foob with M.X.fooa() and N.X.foob(). I
couldn't use X.fooa() and X.foob(). However, suppose only file1
exists. Then, I could call fooa as X.fooa() or M.X.fooa().