Distributed Memory implementation

tcak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 17 21:59:15 PST 2016

I, due to a need, will start implementation of distributed memory
system.

Idea is that:

Let's say you have allocated 1 GiB space in memory. This memory
is blocked into 4 KiB.

After some reservation, and free operations, now only the blocks
0, 12, and 13 are free to be allocated.

Problem is that those memory blocks are not consecutive.

With the implementation of distributed memory, those blocks will
be appended into a struct or object (however it is implemented),
and that struct or object will allow access to that 12 KiB of
space (3 x 4 KiB blocks) like it is allocated in memory
consecutively.

Is there anything like this in Phobos, or shall I start my own
implementation?