extern(C++, ns)

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 18 02:24:28 PST 2016

On 1/18/2016 12:47 AM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Next problem:

I don't think anyone has tested C++ multiple inheritance against D interfaces.
I'm not even sure if you're running C++ on Linux or Windows - and the C++ layout
can certainly differ between those compilers.

In any case, you can check the layout by running obj2asm on the resulting .o
file and looking at the data for the struct initializer.

A known problem is that D doesn't put destructors in the vtbl[] for C++ classes,
although it should. Also, virtual destructors on Linux 64 consume 2 slots in the
vtbl[], which surprised me.

Anyhow, things are getting a bit advanced here, and also it has nothing to do
with namespaces :-) I'll have to do some more investigating.