Dub and posix

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 18 05:23:51 PST 2016

On Mon, 2016-01-18 at 13:58 +0100, Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On 2016-01-18 10:13, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > Looking at the DStep compilation issue, it transpires that Debian
> > and
> > Fedora need different linker flags even though they are both posix.
> > Does anyone know how to specify liner flags at this level of
> > granularity?
>
> What happens if one specifies a non-existing path for a flag like
> -L?
> Does the linker ignore that or will it cause an error?

Linker ignores.

> If it's ignored, then I guess it wouldn't be a problem to add it for
> all
> Posix systems. A bit ugly though.

I am just trying this out. I added -L/usr/lib64/llvm in the relevant
line of dub.json and everything seems to work nicely on Fedora. Sadly
on Debian there is no version independent location for LLVM as far as I
can tell.

"lflags-posix": ["-lclang", "-rpath", ".", "-L.", "-L/usr/lib64/llvm", "-L/usr/lib/llvm-3.7/lib"],

Works on both Fedora and Debian, but it hardwires 3.7.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk