Localization (i18n) Options

Gerald via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 18 06:00:05 PST 2016

On Monday, 18 January 2016 at 09:04:48 UTC, Luis wrote:
> On Sunday, 17 January 2016 at 03:03:14 UTC, Gerald wrote:
>> On Sunday, 17 January 2016 at 02:51:30 UTC, Gerald wrote:
>>> Are there any other options out there that I might not be
>>> aware of?
>>
>> And of course, 10 minutes later you stumble across a potential
>> option. Looks like GLib exposes gettext and GtkD does wrap it
>> so I'll play around with that and see if I can get it working.
>> My apologies for the noise.
>
> Please, write a HowTo some where. GtkD lack of documentation
> it's very anoying.

I'll keep that in mind as I know I've struggled with that myself.
I have a couple of blog posts on GtkD on my site that cover how
to do a couple of interesting things that you can view here
http://gexperts.com and I'll probably add more as I have time.
I've also contributed a couple of demos to GtkD, one for
multithreading with GTK and the other on using GIO actions and
popovers.

I also contributed a script that generates ddox for GtkD instead
of candydoc, even though the content is the same the ddox is much
better IMHO since it includes a search capability and cross
references items. I hated in candydoc that it showed a method
using GtkDialogFlags and I then had to grep for it to see what
the flags actually are. In ddox it's all cross referenced so you
can just click on the link to it to view it.

Finally, if you are interested you can follow my two GtkD based
projects, terminix and vgrep, on github
(https://github.com/gnunn1 for concrete examples of working with
GtkD.