Localization (i18n) Options

Luis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 18 07:06:12 PST 2016

On Monday, 18 January 2016 at 14:00:05 UTC, Gerald wrote:
> On Monday, 18 January 2016 at 09:04:48 UTC, Luis wrote:
>>>
>>> And of course, 10 minutes later you stumble across a
>>> potential option. Looks like GLib exposes gettext and GtkD
>>> does wrap it so I'll play around with that and see if I can
>>> get it working. My apologies for the noise.
>>
>> Please, write a HowTo some where. GtkD lack of documentation
>> it's very anoying.
>
> I'll keep that in mind as I know I've struggled with that
> myself. I have a couple of blog posts on GtkD on my site that
> cover how to do a couple of interesting things that you can
> view here http://gexperts.com and I'll probably add more as I
> have time. I've also contributed a couple of demos to GtkD, one
> for multithreading with GTK and the other on using GIO actions
> and popovers.
>
> I also contributed a script that generates ddox for GtkD
> instead of candydoc, even though the content is the same the
> ddox is much better IMHO since it includes a search capability
> and cross references items. I hated in candydoc that it showed
> a method using GtkDialogFlags and I then had to grep for it to
> see what the flags actually are. In ddox it's all cross
> referenced so you can just click on the link to it to view it.
>
> Finally, if you are interested you can follow my two GtkD based
> projects, terminix and vgrep, on github
> (https://github.com/gnunn1 for concrete examples of working
> with GtkD.

I browse your code and grestful code a few times. I did stuff
with GtkD on a different approach, using GtkBuilder and Gtk
autolink of functions by name. I try to avoid generating the GUI
interface by code, so I can do changes editing an XML with a
visual tool. I need to clean my code base before anyone could try
to use it as example. I wrote a few years ago on a quick & dirty
way.

Were I can find the script to generate ddox for GtkD ?

PD: I'm the only guy that think that a hypothetical
implementation of  GtkBuilder running on CTFE would be great ? So
generates the GUI on compile time instead of parsing and
generating stuff on runtime ?