[dlang.org] new forum design

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 18 07:26:48 PST 2016

On Monday, 18 January 2016 at 15:06:24 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> That's pretty weird. This is what it was set to before:
>
> https://github.com/CyberShadow/DFeed/blob/5774b110df30b2abc599387d7e0ff87fa8331650/web/static/css/dfeed.css#L523
>
> We could add Bitstream Vera Sans Mono to the font list. Does
> that font look better for you?

I think it is more of a size problem I don't understand ( sorry,
I am very ignorant of client-side web :( ). The same font with
1em == 11px (like it is configured in my browser for monospace
fonts) would look very good. But for some reason it uses
monospace font and 1em == 16px serif size.

> I'm really confused. In the other post you were clearly
> referring to the monospace
> fonts used for post contents. Here you mention Roboto Slab, but
> it isn't a monospace
> font, and now I'm not sure what you're referring to. Could you
> please elaborate
> in greater detail?

I have meant that dlang.org uses (non-monospace) Roboto Slab and
it looks ok, responding to original question in your first post
:) It is unrelated to (monospace) forum.dlang.org font issue.