local import hijacking

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 18 09:02:07 PST 2016

On Monday, 18 January 2016 at 14:01:15 UTC, rsw0x wrote:
> one of the biggest things D has over C++ is its vastly superior
> module system.

When you compare D's something with C++'s nothing, then the
module system in D is infinitely better by definition.

> Is there a compiled list of issues?

1. As deadalnix pointed out, a lack of spec

2. Issue 313

3. Issue 314

4. Issue 10378

These are the biggest IMO. There are probably others I don't know
of.

> I'm not sure I agree on 'half finished'

When looking at the above issues, it becomes clear that the D
module system does not completely provide one of the main things
module systems are designed for: encapsulation.