rval->ref const(T), implicit conversions

tsbockman via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 18 19:37:17 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 19 January 2016 at 03:01:55 UTC, bitwise wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 January 2016 at 00:11:45 UTC, tsbockman wrote:
>> On Monday, 18 January 2016 at 15:36:09 UTC, Manu wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/3937
>
> Is this like...a sarcastic pull request?
>
> You can't actually expect people to write code like this just
> to have their functions take rvalues..
>
>     Bit

It's ten times easier to write code that way, than the way Manu
complained about in the OP.

Manu's been trying to convince Walter to allow a compiler fix
through for over six years
(https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/4717#issuecomment-116182064); it's not working.

If you want to, you can just sit there making nasty comments
because it's not an ideal solution. But, my pull request is
something practical that can make things easier for people who
just want to write computer programs.

I expect this will be much easier to actually get merged, and
I'll be happy to see it deprecated whenever `scope` finally gets
implemented.