[dlang.org] new forum design

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 19 02:16:44 PST 2016

On Monday, 18 January 2016 at 10:20:13 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> 1. Font
>
> A few people mentioned that they found the new font (Roboto
> Slab) difficult to read. Some questions:
>
> a) The same font is also used for nearly everything on
> dlang.org. Does your complaint also apply to the main website
> (i.e. should we consider changing the font on dlang.org)?

Yes. I suppose serif fonts are ok for high DPI devices like laser
printer, but on low DPI devices like LCD they don't get enough
dots to render all their features. Also this font is rendered
wrong for me: it uses variable stroke width for letters and it
looks weird: http://abload.de/img/tmpy8oy2.png see letters o, d,
n, m.