extern(C++, ns)

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 19 18:25:52 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 20 January 2016 at 02:15:27 UTC, Manu wrote:
> The C++ namespace semantic doesn't have a proper analogy in D,
> and the
> D code is already organised into modules anyway making
> mirroring of
> the C++ semantic irrelevant.
> We don't mirror C/C++ semantics in other facets of the
> bindings, we
> just make it link. There's no reason to deviate from that
> pattern
> here.
> Nobody seems to want to address the problem points I raise in
> my last
> email though. If it was benign, I wouldn't care, but it causes
> way
> more harm than good.

What happens when one has conflicting symbols in 2 C++ namespaces
?

D's mapping of C++ namespaces could just mimic how import
resolution work : allow qualified and unqualified access to the
symbol when there is no conflict, forces you to use the qualified
one when there (or to create an alias, or whatever).