extern(C++, ns)

JohnCK via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 20 09:25:56 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 20 January 2016 at 16:38:19 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
> // a.d
> module a;
>
> extern(C++, ns) {
>     void fooa();
>     void bar();
> }
>
> // b.d
> module b;
>
> extern(C++, ns) {
>     void foob();
> }
> void bar();
>
> // main.d
> import a, b;
>
> void main() {
>     fooa();     // ok
>     foob();     // ok
>     bar();      // Error: b.bar at b.d(6) conflicts with
> a.ns.bar at a.d(5)
>     // let's try to disambiguate: we want ns.bar
>     ns.bar();   // Error: a.ns at a.d(3) conflicts with b.ns at
> b.d(3)
>     a.ns.bar(); // works, but requires superfluous `a`, even
> though
>                 // `ns` already makes it unambiguous
> }

I think the first error is correct:

>     bar();      // Error: b.bar at b.d(6) conflicts with
> a.ns.bar at a.d(5)

So you have two functions bar() one inside 'ns' in module a and
"outside" 'ns' in module b.

Now, the last 2 errors, Mark Schutz said:

>     a.ns.bar(); // works, but requires superfluous `a`, even
> though
>                 // `ns` already makes it unambiguous

Question: What happens if you do this: using "ns1" in "module a"
and "ns2" in "module b" and do:

ns1.bar();

?

Because you can't have more than one namespaces with the same
name in C++, right?

JohnCK.