So... add maxCount and maxPos?

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 20 11:36:36 PST 2016

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 02:30:10PM -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 01/20/2016 12:29 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> >On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 12:16:00PM -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> >>This is one of those cases in which we were pedantically right to
> >>not add them, but their equivalents look like crap.
> >>
> >>https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/3942
> >[...]
> >
> >I don't like this.  I'd much rather we rename those functions to be
> >something more generic.  After all, minPos is a horrible name when
> >the predicate has nothing to do with minimum values. What about
> >extremumPos?  (Though that's rather ugly to type.)
>
> extremumPos has been on my wish list for a while now, but (a) we're
> stuck with minPos anyway, (b) extremumPos sounds elitist. -- Andrei

If renaming is out of the question, then I suppose maxPos/maxCount would
be the next less evil. :-P  If we ever get to D3, this would be one of
the things that should be changed... but until then, I guess we can live
with maxPos/maxCount.

Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue. -- Yoon Ha Lee, CONLANG