extern(C++, ns)

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 20 15:50:43 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 19 January 2016 at 21:40:01 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Please do not conflate not agreeing with my answers with not
> responding.

I am not claiming that you weren't participating in the
discussion threads or something like that. But in all your
arguments you seem to presume that (badly) imitating the scoping
semantics of C++ namespaces in D is somehow a given, that it is
natural and does not need justification.

However, my position is (Manu and Daniel would probably agree)
that this is not a valid assumption. To add a new feature to the
language, the onus is on you to provide compelling evidence why
it is necessary to have. You need to show that there is a
"serious problem" with just using the native D namespacing scheme
(modules) for the purpose, not the other way round.

  — David