Website contains a virus?

Dominikus Dittes Scherkl via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 21 11:38:47 PST 2016

On Thursday, 21 January 2016 at 19:23:50 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/21/2016 10:46 AM, Dominikus Dittes Scherkl wrote:
>> I'm using Norton Security from Symantec, and it claims that
>> the current compiler
>> dmd-2.069.2.exe is infected with the "Trojan.Gen.2". Not a
>> particularly harmful
>> virus, but nevertheless I hope that's not true or you can fix
>> that rather soon!
>
> I've had virus checkers claim Digital Mars software had viruses
> before. They were all false positives. That doesn't prove this
> one is a false positive, but I've heard "wolf" cried enough
> times that I'm pretty jaundiced about it.

Yeah.
The problem is, Norton is rather wide-spread and it put a big
warning before this site now, which is rather annoing even if you
are convinced it's a false positive :-(
I suspect this can do much harm to the D community if we can't
manage to get rid of the warning. But only the site-owner can get
a re-evaluation from Norton.