Request for new Deimos repository

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 22 02:04:59 PST 2016

On Thursday, 21 January 2016 at 19:36:41 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2016-01-21 01:33, Brian Schott wrote:
>> EMSI has a D version of rec.h from GNU recutils[1]. If
>> somebody creates
>> a repository for this I can get these bindings into Deimos
>> pretty quickly.
>>
>> [1]
>> https://www.gnu.org/software/recutils/manual/recutils.html#Purpose
>
> I don't see a point in having a special Deimos repository. Just
> put it on GitHub and Dub.

In theory, having all of the C bindings sitting in Deimos is
useful, because then they're all in one place, and you know that
they're all C bindings, whereas code.dlang.org has all kinds of
stuff, most of which aren't C bindings. But given how you
basically have no control over the repo in Deimos even if you're
effectively its maintainer, I'm inclined to think that it's not
worth it, even if having all of those bindings in one place would
be valuable. And the project needs to end up on code.dlang.org
anyway so that dub projects can pull it in.

So, while I don't agree that there's no point to Deimos, I do
agree that it's not worth it.

- Jonathan M Davis