Website contains a virus?

thedeemon via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 22 04:16:22 PST 2016

On Friday, 22 January 2016 at 02:14:53 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> In the past some of these were driven by Optlink making an
> executable that is not quite like what MS tools make, so, hey,
> "Possible Virus". Blech.

Yeah, I was bitten by this too, antiviruses started barfing at my
Win32 app when it was statically linked with libjpeg, while the
lib file itself and the app without this lib linked in were
accepted by the same antiviruses as clean.

I understand DMD is now linked by Optlink. How hard would it be
to try linking it with MS linker? This could be a workaround,
otherwise we might soon find dlang.org blocked by major browsers
and antimalware systems.