Request for new Deimos repository

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 22 05:20:33 PST 2016

On 1/22/16 5:54 AM, Gary Willoughby wrote:
> On Thursday, 21 January 2016 at 19:36:41 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> I don't see a point in having a special Deimos repository. Just put it
>> on GitHub and Dub.
>
> This.
>
> Deimos was always hard for people to fix because of lack of admins.
> Being separate projects on github and placed on the dub registry is much
> better.
>
> I took the x11 demios repo and updated it and put it on dub. Since then
> I've had numerous fixes passed to me which wouldn't have been done
> through deimos.
>
> https://github.com/nomad-software/x11

What about making deimos a package collection of all the dub
repositories that are c bindings? Then essentially, the admins can
decide *which* packages are deimos without having to maintain them.

I admit I am a committer to deimos, and I've never pulled a request.
Ever. Somewhat because Walter pulls them quickly. But mostly because
generally I am not familiar with the binding library.

-Steve