Why do some attributes start with '@' while others done't?

Wyatt via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 22 07:34:18 PST 2016

On Friday, 22 January 2016 at 08:23:48 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> And, IMO, when redoing the syntax one might want to look at
> contemporary languages like Swift and C# to see if one can
> lower the barrier to entry for Apple and Microsoft type
> programmers.

"Contemporary". ;)  Aside from Swift's optional semicolons,
they're really not all that different.

> I am not sure if looking like C is all that attractive in 2016
> as far as recruiting goes. By 2025 C-style syntax might be
> viewed as arcane among young programmers.

Like Swift, C#, Javascript, Go, Haxe, Rust, Dart, et al?  Really,
people have been predicting the death of curly-braces languages
for decades now, and they're as strong as ever.

Do you have anything to base this on, or is it just what you'd
(apparently) like to see?

-Wyatt