[dlang.org] Let's talk about the logo

ixid via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 22 11:57:44 PST 2016

On Friday, 22 January 2016 at 19:53:32 UTC, ronaldmc wrote:
> On Thursday, 21 January 2016 at 23:46:26 UTC, anonymous wrote:
>> The logo is repeatedly being called out as a weak spot of the
>> D brand. But so far Walter has been adamant about keeping it
>> the way it is.
>
> I don't want to start a war, but this isn't community? I mean
> aren't we trying to make things better, because the way you
> said it seems like a dictatorship.

I think a fair explanation would be that it's a meritocracy of
effort and ability. Walter has put an enormous amount of effort
into D over a long period and therefore his view holds great
sway. It's a good system for a project like this generally though
it falls down a bit on issues that are more personal preference
than technical.