[dlang.org] Let's talk about the logo

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 22 17:23:20 PST 2016

On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 01:11:20AM +0000, ronaldmc via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Saturday, 23 January 2016 at 00:30:17 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >... What ought to rule in a programming language is technical merit,
> >not popularity.
>
> What happens if a technical feature is vetoed by someone is charge
> even if it has merit?

This is not the governance of a country. If you don't like the way the
decisions are being made, you always have the freedom to take the source
code (except for the proprietary backend), fork it, and build your own
community. There will be no army sent after you to force you to comply
with the "dictator's" decisions, since this is a programming language,
not a government.  If your technical merit is superior, your community
will eventually prevail.

And besides, calling something a "dictatorship" is again confusing the
development of a programming language with running a government. I still
fail to see the connection between the two.

(And BTW, I do not speak for this community either. What I express here
are just my own opinions. If you really have an issue with how things
are run, you ought to be talking directly to Walter & Andrei, not
wasting your breath arguing with me.)

--T