[dlang.org] Let's talk about the logo

karabuta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 23 11:57:25 PST 2016

On Friday, 22 January 2016 at 20:28:57 UTC, anonymous wrote:
> On 22.01.2016 20:53, ronaldmc wrote:
>> I don't want to start a war, but this isn't community? I mean
>> aren't we
>> trying to make things better, because the way you said it
>> seems like a
>> dictatorship.
>
> It's dictatorship insofar as Walter and Andrei have veto power.
> If they don't want something in, it doesn't go in. I don't
> think this is a problem in practice. If it was, the community
> could always fork the project and then play by their own rules.
>
> And of all things, the logo wouldn't be a good reason to divide
> over, in my opinion.

I am yet to see any good come from such decisions. Disagreement
should not be a reason for division. YOU CAN NEVER GET WHAT YOU
WANT IN ALL SITUATIONS (whether your are right or wrong). So
please learn from people's mistakes like what happened between
nodejs and iojs :)

Just a logo? Come on!!

D is the created programming language I have ever used.