[dlang.org] new forum design

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 24 02:39:51 PST 2016

On Friday, 22 January 2016 at 16:58:56 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2016-01-21 22:21, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
>
>> OK, I added it back.
>
> The "Replies" column is still wider than it needs to be. Here's
> an example [1]. The green part is the padding, which looks
> fine. But why is there some much extra space in the blue part?
> If you open both the simulator and Safari there's a "Simulator"
> menu item in the "Develop" menu in Safari. You might need to
> enable the develop menu in the preferences pane (Safari ->
> Preferences -> Advanced -> Show Develop menu in bar).
>
> Alternatively could we come up with a symbol or icon instead of
> the text "Replies", assuming that's why it's so wide?

It is not wide because of the column heading, but because of the
second "(123 new)" line that can appear in partially-read
threads. And if we word-break that into two lines, that will
increase the height of each column.

Maybe we could just hide the " new" for very narrow screens...

> [1] http://imgur.com/oQHcnTK

The font size looks larger than I recall seeing it in the iOS
simulator. I'm switching OSes so can't look at the moment though.

I'm thinking that the end-all solution would probably be a font
size adjustment setting.