[dlang.org] Let's talk about the logo

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 24 05:03:36 PST 2016

On Saturday, 23 January 2016 at 00:30:17 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> got this strange notion from.  Walter is the one who invented
> this language, and he has been generous enough to let the rest
> of us participate in its development.

Yes, I agree with this. If anything, bringing too much democracy
into a design process makes things bloated and inconsistent.
Walter has probably been too accepting of suggestions to new
features in the past. But if someone steps up as a committed
graphic designer it would be a good idea to give that person free
hands. That's very motivating.

Meritocracy is not a horrible concept though. Implementing bad
ideas and refusing good ideas based on who suggested it is just
dumb. You need a lead designer that plots out what needs to be
done and brings it all together as a whole.

That said, it would be downright silly to not accept the two
bottom logos ;-).