[dlang.org] Let's talk about the logo

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 24 05:26:59 PST 2016

On Saturday, 23 January 2016 at 18:58:21 UTC, Artur Skawina wrote:
> On 01/23/16 02:11, ronaldmc via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Linux development works because Linus is right often enough. It
> really is that simple.

But I also think Linus weighs different solutions (and
implementations and performance) before landing on a decision? So
the "democratic" aspect is:

1. Being able to put forth different implementations for
evaluation.

2. Being able to fork the project (SELinux?) and merge back the
proven solutions.

Anyway, it is important that one person feel responsible for
every single aspect of the design and is able to defend status
quo of the whole.

Otherwise you get a blame game instead: "Oh, I didn't really
agree with 50% of the features we added so I don't really know
why they are there or if they should be there. You know, I told
you guys it was a bad idea to have those features, so I think the
ones that voted for them should fix it."