What's the real support that D offers for web development?

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 24 05:55:00 PST 2016

Am 24.01.2016 um 13:32 schrieb nbro:
> On Sunday, 24 January 2016 at 12:27:57 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
>> On Sunday, 24 January 2016 at 12:20:44 UTC, nbro wrote:
>>> I have heard about vibe.d, but I am not convinced. I think that many
>>> people do not start using D because it lacks of many serious tools
>>> for real life applications development.
>>
>> vibe.d is a really good one. In my opinion its basically a replacement
>> of express for nodejs, just for D. Also considering that you could use
>> any C library in D you could use anything which is written in C which
>> gives much more possibilities.
>
> Ok, but I would like to see concrete real world examples created with
> vide.d. Are there any?

I still need to collect a proper list of sites some day, but there are
some examples in the D eco system:

https://vibed.org
https://forum.rejectedsoftware.com/
https://code.dlang.org/
https://sdlang.org/

You could do a search for "vibe.d" on shodan to get a (very incomplete
due to proxies and missing forward DNS host names) list of public
servers running vibe.d.