What have I missed?

Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 24 12:03:30 PST 2016

On Thursday, 7 August 2014 at 10:08:30 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
> I haven't looked at your rewrite, but from what I've seen the
> current implementation is indeed very awkward and full of bugs.
> There were also some discussions about the behavior on resizing
> with respect to stomping, IIRC. This seems to imply that not
> even the semantics are completely clear. I guess a complete
> rewrite would be appropriate in such a situation.

  Fun... I'll go through for the most recent version of DMD and
see about porting my changes over in smaller bite-sized chunks
and see if it won't be accepted. This might be easier than
figuring out all the changes in the D language and figuring them
out as I come across them (not that I used many of the features
beyond templates and operator overloading).

  That is assuming this is still the case (it's been a year
afterall). Hmmm. Off hand I'm remembering there was the issue of
'sometimes a var sometimes a value sometimes a ref' that was
popping up when it switched over to allocated memory when the
array got beyond a certain size. There's something I still need
to figure out.