Vision 2016 H1

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 25 06:37:36 PST 2016

On Monday, 25 January 2016 at 05:19:41 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> Since everybody is a volunteer, this is how it will be
> organized anyway, just pointing out that almost nobody wants to
> be called a lieutenant! :)

The name isn't that bad, but the authority question is...
lieutenants would need enough documentation to make decisions on
their own that they can be confident are correct and accepted by
the leadership. We don't have that, so appointing someone to the
title would be meaningless, regardless of what it is called.

General is a bit different because there's more autonomy there
and such an individual may be ok making up their own rules.

> - There's a couple mentions of tooling, but I don't get the
> impression that source formatters and parsers are what people
> have in mind.

I'm not so sure... those do form the groundwork for a lot of
requested things like refactoring tools too which are somewhat
common requests.

>  I think they're talking about bugs or holes in the core tools,
> ie compilers, linkers, and debuggers.

And this too, of course.