Vision 2016 H1

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 25 08:02:09 PST 2016

On Monday, 25 January 2016 at 15:45:09 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> That does not reflect the incredibly dull day-to-day army life.

I don't think we should read *too* much into the words.

Whether we call them collaborators or middle managers or
lieutenants or what isn't as important as actually just defining
what we actually want to do.

In a few threads over the last few weeks, I've said that I don't
want to be part of Phobos because it destroys my development flow
and I've even gone so far as to fork Phobos itself and write a
whole new generator to fix its documentation.

The main reason is in my own projects, I know exactly what is
expected of me to get stuff done and there's very little process
overhead. This way, I can make the most of my limited time.

Middle managers in Phobos need an environment where they won't
feel the same way, they need some degree of ownership too.