Vision 2016 H1

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 25 09:21:15 PST 2016

On Monday, 25 January 2016 at 16:20:50 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 01/25/2016 11:02 AM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> I don't think we should read *too* much into the words.
>
> Yeah, it's interesting. I recall thinking as I was drafting the
> document: "One word... ONE word that doesn't sit well and it
> will be all about that word." And now here we are. It's like
> those presidential or Fed chairman press conferences... :o).
>
> I changed http://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2016H1.

It was just a suggestion for better naming, and it's hardly all I
talked about.  I haven't liked that military terminology since a
couple DConfs ago, but I felt it might turn off those coming
across the language now who read the Vision document, so I
finally mentioned it.  The last thing you'd want potential OSS
contributors thinking is that we have some military-style
bureaucracy here. ;) Dicebot's suggestion, which you use now, is
much better.

btw, is there really an opening in "top leadership?"  I thought
that door was shut. :)