Dmd sc.ini and VS do not work well together!

Igor via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 25 10:16:26 PST 2016

On Sunday, 24 January 2016 at 08:27:43 UTC, Igor wrote:
> On Sunday, 24 January 2016 at 05:34:18 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
>>[...]
>
> Ok, I hope that it will be fixed because it seems like a rather
> simple issue(location issue). I can't know if there are any
> other problems until it is fixed.
>
> [...]

When I added

'LIB=%LIB%;"C:\PF\Windows\Kits\10\Lib\10.0.10586.0\ucrt\x64"'

to sc.ini, I was able to compile. The installer is not adding
this path. The installer is not functioning properly for latest
VS. By scanning for these folders, it should work.

The installer needs a more generic and intelligent path finding
system than the somewhat hard coded one it uses now. This will
make it easier to maintain in the years to come.