Pre-alpha D language online tour

André via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 25 10:17:09 PST 2016

Hi,

Inspired by the Go online language tour
(https://tour.golang.org/) and the great experience it gave me
learning the language I started a similar project for D some
weeks ago. It's currently in a very pre-alpha state but I wanted
to announce it in case someone had something similar in mind and
is willing to contribute. The basic idea behind this tour is to
introduce features of the language with short explanations and
example code that is compiled and run online.

The code is located here:

https://github.com/stonemaster/dlang-tour

I've setup a server which always runs the latest version:

http://dlang-tour.steinsoft.net

This tour doesn't allow compiling online because the current
implementation would just make it too easy to hijack the server
:-) Compiling and running online can be activated when compiling
locally though. My goal would be to integrate the tour with
DPaste in the long run.

Working on this tour unfortunately stalled a little bit in this
year but I am trying to work on the project constantly in the
upcoming weeks. There is still a lot of content missing and, more
importantly, good D source examples. But I have a rough guideline
on which D topics I'd like to add content for.

Any kind of feedback is highly appreciated, of course.

Regards,
André