Why do some attributes start with '@' while others done't?

burjui via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 25 10:34:24 PST 2016

On Friday, 22 January 2016 at 18:28:31 UTC, Wyatt wrote:
> If you need an IDE to work comfortably in a language, something
> has clearly gone wrong.

Oh come on, not that "Vim/Emacs vs IDEs" crap again. Please stop
being so black&white and pretentious. Have you ever tried
IntelliJ IDEA? It's the best IDE I know, and it saves me a lot of
time by automating tasks I'm not interested in, e.g. reindenting
the code, maintaining project files in Git, renaming things
within their contexts etc., while proving an excellent debugger,
a decent unit test runner and and integrated lint. I spend much
less time messing with these things and have more time for
actually writing the code and experimenting.

If you consider all these conveniences unnecessary, good for you.
You can continue using your favorite screwdriver, but most
professionals prefer a screw gun, because it saves time. You may
have big powerful hands, but you don't have to brag about it and
point fingers: "Just look at this pussy with a screw gun, he
clearly has never been to gym." By the way, it's perfectly normal
to make screws that hold things tight, but not easily screwed in
by hand.