Vision 2016 H1

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 25 12:34:40 PST 2016

On Monday, 25 January 2016 at 18:45:43 UTC, JohnCK wrote:
> Please, you've exposed your opinion and Andrei already changed
> the document using "contributors". Engaging on this matter will
> be just a waste of time. Let's focus on D itself.

Again you make an authoritarian statement "Engaging on this
matter will be just a waste of time.".

Nobody has to waste their time, they don't have to read.

There is no way _you_ can know what leads to a change that will
bring the necessary changes that makes D competitive.

D added @nogc YEARS ago, because I pushed the point that the GC
would never be a viable option for real time programmers.  But we
still have no competitive memory management on paper. That's two
years too late. We should have been implementing it now.

D needs a competitive solution to Rust and C++ before C++
compilers implement the next generation C++ features. That might
be next year?

I would love to get rid of C++, but I increasingly believe that
this will not be a rational option. That's sad, because C++ is a
nuisance.

You cannot focus on D without changing the process. Meaning: give
critical features higher priority than "low hanging fruit".