Vision 2016 H1

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 25 23:18:43 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 04:57:11 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> It is amazing that D has gotten so far as an OSS project
> without commercial backing, a credit to the engineering sense
> of Walter and the core team.  But I don't think you can
> organize your way around that fundamental obstacle.

I don't think that is accurate at all.

But paid work will make it easier to get the boring or difficult
parts done. Hobby programmers will gravitate towards the fun
parts and copying the design of others (e.g. Linux copying Unix).

For D, the difficult part is completing the language on paper. It
is human nature to push difficult parts are into the future, but
one should actually say "no more work on easy parts, we have to
do the difficult parts first". And that takes decisive leadership.

Implementing is the easy part.