How to simplyfy "getting started" ? Installation desciption at dlang suboptimal.

Martin Tschierschke via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 26 07:07:25 PST 2016

As an new D user but old Linux/Ubuntu user, I am used to install
nearly everything which is possible via sudo apt-get install, so
I searched for "Installing D with Ubuntu", because
I didn't wanted to use the package link offered on the website
dlang.org.

I came to: http://d-apt.sourceforge.net/

where the additional hints to dub and  gtkd are very usefull.
(Not mentioning what can be done via dub)

And here: http://ljdelight.com/installing-dlang-dmd-dub-on-ubuntu/

the layout is better and libevent-dev libssl-dev for vibe.d
are mentioned, too.

So making an update at dlang.org, with a optimized page where all
of the most important elements are described and in which order
it is best to install would still be useful.

I think probably the best would be if "sudo apt-get install
dmd/dub", out of the box would deliver, without the need to use
an external repository which, is not included as default in
Debian/Ubuntu.

Does anybody know how to form a "petition" for getting the always
latest stable releases of D included in Debian (=>Ubuntu)?

Regards Martin T.