Google Summer of Code 2016

CraigDillabaugh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 26 10:45:01 PST 2016

On Monday, 18 January 2016 at 16:16:01 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh
wrote:
> On Thursday, 31 December 2015 at 23:58:32 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh
> wrote:
>> The deadline for the Google Summer of Code, 2016 is February
>> 19th. Which means we have about a month and a half to put
>> something together.  For the time being I've recycled last
>> years projects (with one dropped so far):
>>
>> http://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_2016_Ideas#Ideas
>
>> Craig
>
> Just trying to keep GSOC on the front page ...
>
> If you have your name attached to a project currently on our
> list please let me know if you can't mentor this year.  I am
> starting to get some inquires for students about projects (just
> had one about DDT), and it would be bad is some project that is
> currently on the list disappeared between now and mid-February.
>  So I would rather clean up any projects that we can't go ahead
> with now.

I can't believe I let this slip all the way to page 4 :o)

GSOC organization deadline is 3.5 weeks away, and while there
have been a few ideas proposed here, we don't have too much that
is concrete.

I will try and get to work on filling in the idea's page with
what we have so far, but still need more ideas from the
community.  Note, if you have an idea you also need to either be
able to mentor, or even better, volunteer someone else.

For the time being the following people are listed as potential
mentors for projects already on the idea's page (from last year):

Andrei Alexandrescu
Iain Buclaw
Bruno Medeiros
Jens Mueller
Martin Nowak
Jacob Ovrum
Amaury Sechet
Russel Winder

I would like to get confirmation from each of you if you can
mentor this year (and if your name is attached to a project, can
that still be a go).  If I don't have confirmation I will have to
drop the mentor/project, as it would look really bad if students
submit proposals and we end up saying "Oh, sorry that individual
can't really mentor you ... maybe you should try something Rust
related."

Cheers

Craig