C++17

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 26 13:13:33 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 21:01:53 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> out all but the very best matches. Now there are improvements
> with C++11, C++14, and C++17, so *that group* getting a *much
> improved language* has no incentive to switch. Everyone else is
> already using another language.

Even if that was true, it still means that there are THOUSANDS of
ex-C++ programmers that would use a C++ like language if it
provided comparable semantics.

In my experience C++14 is mostly ok if you avoid advanced
programming mechanisms, but if you want to achieve a specific set
of abstractions you end up wasting a lot time on getting around
the corner cases, like avoiding situations where the compiler
cannot deduce what to do (instantiation conflicts).