C++17

Mathias Lang via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 26 13:49:16 PST 2016

digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>:

> In any case where you attempt to write code in D that is equal in
> performance to C++, you must avoid the GC.

No.
There are many places when performances could be optimized. The GC surely
can be improved, but avoid it is no silver bullet, and I even doubt it has
the most time spend / speedup ratio.

And that's only taking speed into account. There are many more factor to
take into account. Consistency / reliability should be the prime focus.
Because I keep getting compiler bugs, almost on a weekly basis.