C++17

Igor via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 26 13:50:58 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 21:21:53 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 21:15:07 UTC, rsw0x wrote:
>> In any case where you attempt to write code in D that is equal
>> in performance to C++, you must avoid the GC.
>
> Yes, I don't see why anyone should have to link in the GC if
> they don't want to use it.

I think the leaders are in over their heads. They have no real
vision or plan to make D the language it can be. They are
satisfied with their niche in the programming world.  They need a
Steve Jobs type of person to make this stuff happen. Someone that
understands what has to be done, in what order, and how to make
it happen.

What D lacks is organizational structure! It's akin to a bunch of
kids programming in their bedrooms cobbling together stuff and
being ecstatic that it works(for them at least). D is basically
stagnate(bug fixes and piddly stuff don't count), which is pretty
sad considering it looks to be a one of the best languages on the
planet.

If I said this stuff in North Korea I'd be hung!