C++17

Dejan Lekic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 26 14:54:23 PST 2016

I humbly believe D should not care about C++ any more. It should
take own path, and attract developers not just from the C++ camp.

No matter from which camp someone comes, that person will
complain about something. Obviously, C/C++ programmers complain
about GC because they are used to manage the memory manually.
People from JVM (this is where I belong even though I use D for
over 10 years) and .NET worlds can rightfully complain about many
things especially in the area of business applications and
systems, distributed systems (90% of big-data solutions run on
Spark, Hadoop or Storm).

People from functional worlds will complain about OOP approach in
the standard library. People from OOP world will complain about
modules in the standard library that are done in more functional
way...

Finding a balance is hard, and I humbly believe having all the
features C++ has in D will help...