C++17

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 26 14:54:47 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 22:36:34 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 20:49:33 UTC, Ola Fosheim
> Grøstad wrote:

>> Yes, I've noticed how some C++ programmers on reddit and other
>> places say things like "I looked at the website for language
>> X, but when I saw they mentioned using a GC I lost all
>> interest".
>
> These are looking for a reason not to use X. They were never
> potential users.

Actually, I don't think so. They have just been disappointed by
other languages with a GC and have dismissed GC as a viable
solution for their type of programming (like DSP).

I think being a non-GC programmer is a part of an _identity_ they
take pride in.

You might say that is akin to audiophiles, sometimes it makes
sense, sometimes not?